Sumela Monastery, Zigana and Hamsiköy Village Tour
- 1 hours
Altındere National Park
St. Barbara Chapel
- 1 hours
- Visit the historic Sumela Monastery located in Altındere National Park by taking a pleasant journey, and explore the monastery's history.
- Visit Zigana Pass, one of the most important passes of the historic Silk Road, and enjoy the magnificent view of the pass, which is 2050 meters above.
- Take a lunch break in Hamsikoy, famous for its natural beauty and rice pudding, and explore one of the beautiful villages of the Black Sea.
You can join our tour starting at 10:00 from Trabzon city center by making an online reservation, either meeting us at designated meeting points or from your hotel.
Our first stop will be the Sumela Monastery, which is located within the Altindere National Park, and it will take approximately an enjoyable one-hour journey to reach there. We will reach the monastery by walking along the 300-meter-long forest path, which can be reached by shared taxis within the National Park. Before arriving at the monastery, you can visit St. Barbara Chapel, where you can see the magnificent view of the Sumela Monastery.
When we arrive at the Sumela Monastery, you will be greeted by the historic aqueducts, stone stairs, and social area created for visitors. Before entering the monastery, you can enjoy a few minutes of the surrounding nature and scenery.
As soon as you pass the entrance gate, which is reached by stone stairs, the monastery complex will be in front of your eyes with all its beauty. At the end of your visit to the monastery, which includes the main rock church, chapels, student rooms, library, guesthouse, holy spring, and many more sections, we will meet with the group leader and return by the same path.
On our return journey, we will first reach our tour vehicle through the forest path and then the national park service, and continue our journey to visit the Zigana Pass. Zigana, one of the most important passes of the historic Silk Road, is a place where many famous travelers, including Marco Polo, have traveled. After seeing the pass at an altitude of 2050 meters above sea level, we will move to Hamsikoy.
We will take a lunch break in Hamsikoy, which is famous for its natural beauty and rice pudding. After visiting Sumela, Zigana, and Hamsikoy, our tour will end in Trabzon, and we will depart, hoping to see you again on our next tour.
- Transportation by new model air conditioned vehicle
- All trips specified in the program
- Museum and Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available extra)
- National Park shuttle service fee
Arrive at the southeast of Atatürk Alani (Meydan Park) and wait for the tour vehicle opposite Umut Pharmacy. You must arrive at the meeting point before the tour departure time.. Tour Bus will meet you shortly after its departure.Open in Google Maps
Our tour vehicle meets you at the bus stop right next to the intercity terminal.Open in Google Maps
- Before the tour departure, you must fill out the participant information form, which you can access from the reservation confirmation e-mail or from the My Reservations section after logging in.
- Guests at the meeting places and the hotels must be ready at the requested time. Otherwise the tour will move without you.
- Depends on weather conditions our guide/agent can change by the course of a program.