Sumela Monastery, Hamsiköy and Karaca Cave Group Tour
- 1 hours
Torul SkyWalk Terrace
- 1 hours
- Explore the natural beauties of Altındere National Park and visit the Historical Sumela Monastery.
- Travel through the historic Zigana Pass and Zigana Tunnel, visit Karaca Cave and Torul SkyWalk Terrace.
- Take a break in Hamsiköy Village and taste the famous rice pudding.
You can join our daily Sumela Monastery, Karaca Cave, Torul SkyWalk Terrace and Hamsiköy Village Tour departing from Trabzon at 09.30, from your hotel or from our meeting places, depending on your reservation preference.
We are moving to Sumela Monastery located in Altındere National Park. The Sumela Monastery, which is located on the steep slope of Karadağ Mount rising from the valley, can be reached by the local minibuses in the National Park. [Due to the restoration, Sumela Monastery will be closed between 03 November 2020 and 30 June 2021. For this reason, monastery can only be seen from the outside.] After the free time given for the visit to Sumela Monastery, we meet in our vehicle and move again for the Historical Zigana Pass. We have a lunch break at a local restaurant on the road.
Zigana Pass, which was one of the most important passages of the historical Silk Road, has connected the East Anatolia and Iran to the West throughout the history. We visit the Zigana Tunnel, and then we arrive at Karaca Cave located within the provincial borders of Gümüşhane. After the visit to Karaca Cave, which is an art gallery with its stalactites, stalagmites and travertines, we take a break at the factory outlet store that sells the famous Pestil (dried layers of fruit pulp) and coals of the Black Sea.
Our next stop is Torul SkyWalk Terrace. We move to Hamsiköy after the Torul Skywalk Terrace, where you will feel the adrenaline intensely. At the same time, we do not miss the chance to taste the famous rice pudding at Hamsiköy which will fascinate you by the view of Hamsiköy Road, which is the Historical (Old) Zigana Road.
At the end of the day, Sumela Monastery, Hamsiköy and Karaca Cave Tour ends in Trabzon, and we leave by saying goodbye to meet on another trip.
- Transportation by new model air conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee for Altındere National Park
- Museum and Entrance fees
- Shuttle service fee
You arrive 10 minutes before the tour departure time, across McDonald's in Atatürk Area (Square). Tour Bus will meet you shortly after its departure.Open in Google Maps
Tour Bus will meet you next to the Shell Petrol Station opposite the airport.Open in Google Maps
Our tour vehicle meets you at the bus stop right next to the intercity terminal.Open in Google Maps
- Before departure we will contact you for the list of participants.
- Guests at the meeting places and the hotel must be ready at the requested time. Otherwise the tour will move without you.
- Depends on weather conditions our guide/agent can change by the course of a program.
- After arriving to Altındere, due to the restriction for tour vehicles to go up the Monastery, our guests should take the Shuttle Services to the monastery..