Sumela Monastery, Hamsiköy Village, and Karaca Cave Tour
- 1 hours
Torul SkyWalk Terrace
- 1 hours
- Explore the natural beauties of Altındere National Park and visit the Historical Sumela Monastery.
- Travel through the historic Zigana Pass and New Zigana Tunnel, visit Karaca Cave and Torul SkyWalk Terrace.
- Take a break in Hamsiköy Village and taste the famous rice pudding.
You can join our daily Sumela Monastery, Karaca Cave, Torul Skywalk Terrace and Hamsiköy tour departing from Trabzon at 09.30 from your hotel or meeting places, depending on your reservation preference.
We set off for the Sumela Monastery tour and after a pleasant one-hour journey, we arrive at Altındere National Park. We continue our journey by using the national park shuttle services and then the 300m forest road to reach the Sumela Monastery. At the end of the path, historical aqueducts, stone stairs, and visitor social areas welcome you. Before visiting the Sumela Monastery, which has a grandeur and inaccessibility like the medieval castles, we take a short rest break in the social area and enjoy the nature and the scenery.
We visit Sumela Monastery with its main rock church, chapels, student rooms, library, guesthouse, holy spring and many more. After visiting Sumela, we arrive at our tour bus and set off again for Zigana Pass. We take our lunch break at a local restaurant on the way.
Zigana Pass, one of the most important passages of the Silk Road, has been the gateway of Eastern Anatolia and Iran to the West throughout history. The New Zigana Tunnel, which was put into service in April 2023 on the Zigana Pass, which still maintains its importance today, is the longest road tunnel in Europe. We arrive at Karaca Cave via the 14.5 km long New Zigana Tunnel. After visiting Karaca Cave, which is almost an art gallery with its stalactites, stalagmites, and travertines, we take a break at the factory outlet that sells the famous Black Sea fruit pulp and köme.
Our next stop is Torul Skywalk Terrace. After the Skywalk Terrace experience, we move to Hamsiköy. Hamsiköy Road, which is also the Historical (Old) Zigana Road, will fascinate you with its view. We do not neglect to arrive in Hamsiköy and eat the famous rice pudding.
At the end of the day, our Sumela Monastery, Hamsiköy and Karaca Cave Tour ends in Trabzon and we say goodbye to meet you in another trip.
- Transportation by new model air conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee for Altındere National Park
- Museum and Entrance fees
- Shuttle service fee
After arriving at Atatürk Square (Meydan), wait for the tour vehicle in front of the Exchange Office which is next to Burger King, opposite of McDonald's. Please ensure that you arrive at the meeting point before the departure time of the tour.Open in Google Maps
- Before departure we will contact you for the list of participants.
- Guests at the meeting places and the hotel must be ready at the requested time. Otherwise the tour will move without you.
- Depends on weather conditions our guide/agent can change by the course of a program.
- After arriving to Altındere, due to the restriction for tour vehicles to go up the Monastery, our guests should take the Shuttle Services to the monastery..