Sumela Monastery, Karaca Cave and Zigana Daily Group Tour
- Explore the natural beauties of Altındere National Park and historical Sumela Monastery.
- Travel through the historic Zigana Pass and Zigana Tunnel, visit Karaca Cave and Torul SkyWalk Terrace.
- Take a break in Hamsiköy and taste the famous rice pudding.
According to your reservation preference, you can join our daily tour to Sumela Monastery, Karaca Cave, Torul SkyWalk Terrace and Hamsiköy, which departs from Trabzon at 9.30 am.
We are moving to Sumela Monastery located in Altındere National Park. (The restoration process that has been going on since 2015 has come to an end and the monastery was opened to partial visits in 2019.)The Sumela Monastery, which is located on the steep slope of Karadağ Mount rising from the valley, can be reached by the local minibuses in the National Park. After the free time given for the visit to Sumela Monastery, we meet in our vehicle and move again for the Historical Zigana Pass. We have a lunch break at a local restaurant on the road.
Zigana Pass, which was one of the most important passages of the historical Silk Road, has connected the East Anatolia and Iran to the West throughout the history. We visit the Zigana Tunnel, and then we arrive at Karaca Cave located within the provincial borders of Gümüşhane. After the visit to Karaca Cave, which is an art gallery with its stalactites, stalagmites and travertines, we take a break at the factory outlet store that sells the famous Pestil (dried layers of fruit pulp) and coals of the Black Sea.
Our next stop is Torul SkyWalk Terrace. We move to Hamsiköy after the Torul Skywalk Terrace, where you will feel the adrenaline intensely. At the same time, we do not miss the chance to taste the famous rice pudding at Hamsiköy which will fascinate you by the view of Hamsiköy Road, which is the Historical (Old) Zigana Road.
the end of the day, we arrive at Zenofon Tours in Trabzon, where our tour has started,
and we leave with the hope to meet on another trip.
- Transportation by new model air conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee for Altındere National Park
- Museum and Entrance fees
- Shuttle service fee
Public bus station next by Intercity bus terminal at Değirmendere distric.Open in Google Maps
We arrive 10 minutes before the tour departure time, across McDonald's in Atatürk Area (Square). The tour vehicle will meet you shortly after its departure.Open in Google Maps
- Due to restoration work, it is not possible to enter into the Sumela. Aya Varvara Church, which is 300m away from the monastery, provides visual and audio presentation of the Sumela Monastery.
- Before departure we will contact you for the list of participants.
- Guests at the meeting places and the hotel must be ready at the requested time. Otherwise the tour will move without you.
- Depends on weather conditions our guide/agent can change by the course of a program.
- After arriving to Altındere, due to the restriction for tour vehicles to go up the Monastery, our guests should take the Shuttle Services to the monastery..